Aspire v5-552p will not power up

alanmalm
alanmalm Member Posts: 2 New User

I have had this problem a few times now since I have had it. This laptop is rarely used, so not sure what could be the problem.

This last time, I had inadvertently removed the power block from the wall to plug something else in. Since then it will not power up at all. The blue light comes on but nothing else. I don't hear the drive spinning or anything and screen just stays black. I held power button down for 60 seconds and finally saw normal booting screen and then went back to black screen.

PLEASE HELP!! I see on the forums this seems to be a known issue on multiiple models, but no real answers on how to fix it.

--Alan

Answers

• hi...

I suggest you to perform a reset using the battery pinhole at the bottom of your computer.
    You need to completely power OFF the computer by pressing the power button for 4 to 5 seconds.
    Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds to reset the computer (simulates removing and reinstalling the battery). The battery reset pin hole would have battery symbol near the hole.

This discussion has been closed.