Aspire V5 laptop purrs like a cat when it turns off. Anything to be worried about ?

Options
barry1
barry1 Member Posts: 6 New User

Aspire V5 has been repaired and returned with everything wiped off. Have now put everything back but the fan has a slight purr ( like a cat) when it has cooled and switched off. I have about three weeks warranty left and would rather not return to supplier again but don't want to have a problem further down the line. Laptop originally was returned to supplier because I kept losing sound on it.

Any help will be gratefully received.

Best Answer

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

It's no problem at all. Actually I don't see why they would have the need to wipe the computer for a "fan noise". But I understand your concern and wish you a good day.

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Options

I don't see that there will be a long term problem, but then again if you just got it repaired by one of our Acer facilities I would recommend contacting them as you only have three weeks on your warranty.

• barry1
    barry1 Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

Thanks for the advice. I am really bothered that if I return it again it will come back wiped and dont think I could handle that again ! Many thanks though. Appreciate you taking the time to reply to me.

• Ryanrr
    Answer ✓
    Options

It's no problem at all. Actually I don't see why they would have the need to wipe the computer for a "fan noise". But I understand your concern and wish you a good day.

This discussion has been closed.