Topic

Contributing Member
ryshevs9
Accepted Solution

Aspire V5-571 - "Operating System Not Found"?

When I shut down my laptop and turn it back on, I get the error message in the top-left corner that says "Operating System Not Found".  I then hit the power button to turn off and then hit it again to turn on, and the laptop boots up just fine. Whats going on here?  Even if I select "restart" ... the error messge comes up when it tries to restart after shutting down.  

It works when I just turn it off after the message and turn it back on - but I am concerned.  The PC is only a month old and this just started happening a few days ago and seems to happen every time.

Thanks!!!

--Ryan

Contributing Member
ryshevs9

Re: Aspire V5-571 - "Operating System Not Found"?

I am using an ASPIRE V5-571-6891 Model MS2361 running Windows 8 

Frequent Visitor
TorbenMOlsen

Hi

I have the same problem.

Do you have any solution for the problem?

/Torben

Contributing Member
ryshevs9

[ Edited ]

So it now appears that 2 of us have this same issue.  Are you using the same machine I am, TorbMOlson?

Any help on this folks?  My laptop is only 2 months old.

Frequent Contributor
suniljp

You get this error message when the BIOS look for the boot device and not accessible.

Reason: HDD not detected by BIOS.

You can check the version of the current BIOS and see if there is any latest BIOS update is available in acer website. If so update the BIOS to latest one (To access the BIOS restart keep on tapping F2 or in some models Fn + F2 on Acer Logo).

If the issue is not solved you need to contact support. The laptop should go in for service.

New Visitor
jgault

I have the same problem.  It just started last week and this is a new laptop this semester.  I can actually hit ctr-alt-del at the error message and it will reboot normally for me, or I can power off/on again like th OP, but ctr-alt-del is faster.  I wonder if it a problem with the v5-571? 

Visitor
Bethalbin

I am having the same problem but it can take me up to an hour or longer of turning the computer off and back on before it will come up right. Today I have been at it for 3 hours and its not coming up at all. Have any of you had any luck getting this solved?
Contributing Member
ryshevs9

I was told to do this.... http://http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26280/~/using-acer-recovery-management-t...

Using Acer Recovery Management to Restore Windows 8

I was told this during a chat with customer service... an online chat.  Try a chat yourself and let me know what you come up with.

Contributing Member
ryshevs9

Visitor
Bethalbin

I am having to send mine in to have it fixed. It woul not start at all.

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Member philetus really stepped up this past month with 160 replies and a good share of Kudos. It looks like he is on a fast track to being a true leader here! Thank you from all of us philetus.

Frequent Contributor

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: