Aspire V3-772G USB driver for win 7

llopacinski
llopacinski Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

I downgraded windows 8 to win7 pro on my new Acer 772G and I have problem with the USB now. In the device manager I can find following device in: "other devices" group:

-Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller.

I suppose that it is USB3.0 device/hub/concentrator and there is no driver for Win7. Normally I could live with it, but when I will connect my USB hub to the laptop (USB3.0) then it have problem with startup, the laptop works slow and all devices are disable and enable every a few seconds. It means that I can not use anything with USB 3.0, if it is plugged in then the PC works very badly.

Is there any solution for that problem? For win8 everything is ok, but because our office policy I can not use it (no driver for FPGA devices for win8).

I tried install some driver from the INTERNET, but it writes that my PC does not fulfill minimal requirements... There is no driver for that on acer website.

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

I apologize that you are having this experience with the USB 3.0 drivers when you downgraded to Windows 7 pro. The problem lies in that this unit was manufactured and configured for Windows 8. We currently do not have any Windows 7 drivers available for this unit. This usually indicates we have not tested or configured this model with Windows 7.

• JeMasLT
    JeMasLT Member Posts: 1 New User
  • SUN
    SUN Member Posts: 4 New User

I had a similar problem with V3-371 due to application constraints which required a downgrade to WIndows 7.

For more than 2 weeks now, I struggled with two unknown devices, one of which was this USB 3.0 driver which your post had helped to resolve. I am still searching to solve the "PCI data acquisition and signal processing controller diver for Windows 7". Hope to find it somewhere somehow, even if it is a 8 month old post.