Aspire M5 wi-fi problem

Options
NurseRachel28
NurseRachel28 Member Posts: 1 New User

I recently bought an Aspire M5-581-T.

I am having problems connecting to my home wi-fi connection. The internet connection goes out for a minunte or two every 10 minuntes or so. I have tried using different web browsers (Opera and Explorer) but I have the same problem with both. I also have the issue with Skype.  My three other roommates have not had a problem with the connection, so I think it has to do with the computer and not the router.

What can I do to fix the problem?

Answers

• freeza
    freeza Member Posts: 1,316 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Good day

Update your bios and latest wireless driver for your machine.

Regards,

Freeza

• actualize
    actualize Member Posts: 12 New User
    Options

I have the same laptop and have the most common drivers available 10.0.0.217 and the problem still occurs.

I also have teh most current BIOS installed.

I have the same model Acer M5-581-T with windows 8 installed right out of the box.

How is this even possible.????

Am I going to have to replace this unit and go get an overpriced Dell?  At least I will be able to get on the internet.

• PuzzledSpark
    PuzzledSpark Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Same with me - I just wish I'd returned it when I had the chance. This laptop sucks.

• alexdonc
    alexdonc Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    The problem is, if I want to upgrade my BIOS, the latest BIN files are listed as "(Not for Upgrades)" on the Support Page here: http://www.acer.ro/ac/ro/RO/content/drivers/-;24210613776;- What should I download? - v 2.2, 2.16 or 1.12 ?
  • kbrahier
    kbrahier Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

5 months of the same problem. Tried everything from latest drivers, Bios, new wi-fi router you name it. Nothing worked, I kept droppint my connection. Finally on good advice I replaced the internal Atheros wi-fi card with an Intel Centrino 6230 wi-fi card for $35. Works Perfect now!

Bite the bullet and replace the card. It is the only real soloution.

This discussion has been closed.