Aspire E1-572P-6847 track pad / scrolling issue

Options
Love2Teach
Love2Teach Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello,

I am new to the Acer family.  I have the Aspire E1-572P-6847.  I have had it for 2 weeks and the problem that I am having so far has not been resolved.  My local store has been fantastic however after the second time I have brought it home after being looked at, the problem still occurs.  I am hoping that if I can explain the problem someone out there can help. 

The problem has to do with the track pad, we think.  Sometime, not every time, if I am scrolling down a website using the left click and the curser on the on the scroll bar, when I release the left click and move the curser over, it will keep scrolling.  At first the technician thought it was a problem with the left click sticking, making the computer think that it was still engaged.  So, I was given a new computer, however they just transferred the hard drive from the original.  I took it home and the problem occurred again.  Back to the store I went.  The tech manager kept my computer and spent some time with it, finally deciding to uninstall the track pad driver and reinstall.  I was told that for a good amount of time they tried to make the problem happen again and could not therefore claiming that the problem was fixed and could say with 99% certainly that it would not happen again.  Here I sit just a few short hours later, and it has occured again.  I am so frustrated.  He did tell me that if happens again they would run a more extensive test.  It is very frustrating to by a brand new computer and start out with problems.

Has anyone ever had this problem or have heard of it?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Answers

This discussion has been closed.