Aspire E1-522 install internal CD/DVD

Options
soulow
soulow Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello, just bought Acer Aspire E1-522 for my mom but I am a little disasppointed that there is no DVD and I didn't saw this in the shop.. Anyway my mother needs DVD for her work. Is it posibble to buy dvd for the laptop and to install it? Or it can only work with external CD/DVD. I really preffer internal DVD drive.

So if I bought one is the motherboard support it? thanks!

Sorry for my english, I am not native english speaker but trying my best Smiley Tongue.

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi soulow

Are you sure you've got the model number correct for your laptop? According to the Acer datasheet, the E1-522 already has an optical drive built in!

Either way, if your particular model doesn't have the DVD drive (and importantly, no space to insert one) then all you can do is buy an external drive.

• soulow
    Options

Well here is like it looks like

WP_000026.jpg

I was wondering if this "cover" could be removed and the space for interl DVD to be opened?

• finlux
    Options

I can't (as yet) see your picture - it needs approval from forum Mods before it can be displayed!

Without actually taking it apart, I couldn't really say. Although, I can't imagine Acer would build a laptop with space & provisions for an optical drive, and not fit one!

• soulow
    Options

it looks like just like just a DVD but without button.

Maybe this would open for you: https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1261x824q90/836/1qya.jpg

It is photo of my laptop.

• finlux
    Options
    Great. I can see from your picture that indeed it looks like there should be an optical drive.

However, the only way to tell if the mobo has the connection for it, is to take it apart - which would invalidate your warranty.

You could check Acer website in your region, just in case the spec varies. But if yours state there should be an optical drive, take a print out of the spec sheet to the store you bought it from. They may change it for another Acer that has one!

Let us know how you get on!
  • anushanth
    anushanth Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

i have the same laptop and im wondering if acer has any dvd drive i can install or any externel ones

• finlux
    Options

Hi anushanth

As I've said in my previous post, the only way to tell if the mobo has the connection for it, is to take it apart - which would invalidate your warranty. The best thing to do is to buy an external drive - any will do - and connect it via USB.

Hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.