Aspire 5551 black screen help please

Andrew_aspire
Andrew_aspire Member Posts: 2 New User

I was on the laptop top and the screen went black, thought it was powering down because my power cable is lose and it happens occasionally. I re-secured the cable and restarted the computer but the screen was still black, no start up screen or anything. I tried using an HDMI cable to hook up to my tv to check if it was just the monitor, but it gets no signal. Power light comes on and sounds like the fan is on

this is the first time ive had this happen.

I saw a video or two suggesting to update the bios from a flashdrive, as far as i can tell any flashdrive can be used, i used the program  unetbootin, to make my flash drive bootable...then downloaded the most recent bios folder for my computer through the acer site, i copied it onto the flash but havent had luck, in the video it says to hold the fn and esc keys and press the power button and to continue holding fn +esc until you can see it booting up, I have tried holding it for about 8-10mins and nothing. It also mentioned something about changing the name on the .fd file, but it still didnt work.

I just tried taking out/swapping the ram cards to see if one of the cards or slots was defective but it made no effect.

Answers

• Andrew_aspire
    Andrew_aspire Member Posts: 2 New User

Well from what i've found so far it seems its either my graphics card or the motherboard, If i change out the graphics card does it have to be the same kind the ati radeon hd4250?

This discussion has been closed.