Aspire 4520 will not P.O.S.T.

Options
mpicco
mpicco Member Posts: 1 New User

This laptop is out of warranty.  Not sure where the problem might lie.  When powering up the unit, three LED's at the top of the keyboard briefly flash, then the unit powers off.  Any thoughts, or suggestions?

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi Mpicco

Is this happening on battery, or does it happen on electric too?

Remove the battery from your laptop, and plug in the charger & try to power up. If it boots OK, then there is a problem with the battery.

If it doesn't and it still powers off, there may be a problem with the charger. See if you can borrow a charger (making sure it has the SAME input/output as the original) and try that. If it powers up then your charger is at fault.

Post back, if you're still having problems!

• jpfeff
    jpfeff Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have the same notebook and mine will not power on.  I have tried with the battery and without the batter/with the charger plugged in.  The power light comes on for less than a second and the caps lock, numer lock, and brightness indicator all flash 1 time.  How do I fix this?

• finlux
    Options

Hi jpfeff

Try a replacement charger with the same input/output as the original, this may solve the problem. If the issue still persists, then you may have an issue with the motherboard.

• jpfeff
    jpfeff Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

ok, thanks

• gmanfredy
    gmanfredy Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I am experiencing the same issue.  I exchanged the memory and now only the battery light flashes then turns off. 

• finlux
    Options

Hi gmanfredy

If your problem has only happened since you've exchanged the memory, I'd suggest to replace the existing RAM modules with the original. It seems if the replacement RAM is the incorrect type for your laptop.

This discussion has been closed.