Are the touch screen and LCD on the Acer Aspire V5-122P separate?

Sipo_Kapumba
Sipo_Kapumba Member Posts: 5 New User

Dear Community Members,

I broke the touch screen for my Acer V5-122P when the laptop dropped. I am trying to find out how I can have it replaced. What part do I need to order? The LCD display is working, but the touch screen is not. Are the touch screen and the LCD separate? Or, are they integrated? I am not a computer person, so, please excuse my ignorance.

Please advise.

Regards,

Sipo

[edited for privacy - please do not post personal information]

Best Answer

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Yes, touchscreen and LCD are integrated.
    Now, regarding the resolution for the issue you are having with your laptop's touchscreen, we recommend you to contact your nearest authorized Acer support center as there has been a physical damage to your touchscreen. This will give you a better idea of the intensity of damage that has been caused to your laptop and also help in exploring a suitable resolution for the same.

To know more about the location of the nearest authorized Acer support center, you can contact Acer support through the following link:
    http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Yes, touchscreen and LCD are integrated.
    Now, regarding the resolution for the issue you are having with your laptop's touchscreen, we recommend you to contact your nearest authorized Acer support center as there has been a physical damage to your touchscreen. This will give you a better idea of the intensity of damage that has been caused to your laptop and also help in exploring a suitable resolution for the same.

To know more about the location of the nearest authorized Acer support center, you can contact Acer support through the following link:
    http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

• Sipo_Kapumba
    Sipo_Kapumba Member Posts: 5 New User

Thank you for your helpful response, unfortunately, I am writing to you from Zambia. I doubt that we have an authorized Acer service centre in my country.

Regards,

Sipo Kapumba

This discussion has been closed.