Allow this device to wake the computer with lowered cover

Xoquito
Xoquito Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I have received my new Aspire E1-522, no questions about the value. The problem I have is that I have other laptops in the office and we used to use as fixed CPUs and occasionally as mobile laptop when visiting customers. We are interested only in the content display monitors 28 ".

The fact is that when you suspend Windows, then you can either press a key on the integrated keyboard, or USB, or wireless-mouse, and restart session BUT NOT WHEN THE COVER IS DOWN IN YOUR LAPTOP!

That is, in Power Options we said when the cover is down when plugged into AC then do nothing the laptop, which can close the cover and could thus be days, weeks, or months (until some hang hardware become necessary to press the Power button for example), thus the laptop does not take place on the desktop and can leave some paper on top (including some people at the office have built an upside down U of PVC of 5 - 6 cm. altitude and the laptop is down and the monitor on top).

But when the cover is down and suspend your system does not then no way to resurrect it neither the USB mouse and keyboard. Other laptops (most Sony VAIO) do allow this option, do not know if any new BIOS version might solve the problem, but is a pain to have continuously open only for that fact the laptop.

Any tips?

Thank you very much.

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Xoquito,

I am sorry to see that you are experiencing a problem with the computer resuming while the lid is closed. I don't know why it would not resume and can only think to suggest checking some settings. The external mouse or keyboard you are using should be able to wake the computer from hibernate/sleep. This is actually a setting within the Power Management of the device under Device Manager.

To locate this setting and verify it is enabled, follow these steps:

1. Launch Device Manager.
    2. Click Mice and other pointing devices. There should be two listed if you have an external mouse connected. For me it was listed as HID-compliant mouse.
    3. Right-click the external mouse, then click Properties.
    4. Click the Power Management tab.
    5. Make sure there is a check mark next to Allow this device to wake the computer. Mine was enabled by default.

These steps can also be done for any external keyboard connected.

Also check in your Power Options (Power Options > Change plan settings > Change advance power settins)  and make sure the USB selective suspend setting is disabled. If it is enabled and the computer goes into hibernate/sleep your USB devices will not be able to wake the computer.

If that does not work, then another option would be to go into the Power Options > Change plan settings > Change advance power settings and disable hibernate/sleep when the lid is closed. And if that still does not fix it, disable hibernate/sleep completely.

• Xoquito
    Xoquito Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Tranaslate with Google Translator (sorry):

Thanks but it did not work, if you know the theory but you should not.

When I suspend and disable both options, the screen turns off but I see activity lights still flash hard drive and indeed not just discontinued entirely. Then, too and I can not wake (at least the screens) or with the same laptop keyboard and I have to finish pressing the Power button.

Then when I reboot again encounter the options enabled and a message in the event viewer says:

"The process C: \ Program Files \ Acer \ Acer Power Management \ ePowerTray.exe (process id: 4276) revived the scheme directives {381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e} to {381b4222-f694-41f0-9685 -ff5bb260df2e}"

I guess to detect a bad off put back the latest energy policies that worked, I say.

I have even tried only with the connected USB keyboard to rule incompatibilities with USB Connector Logitech wireless mouse and iPhone cable, but nothing.

What have been able to try a Aspire E1-522 to confirm? Mine is specifically a 6520121TDNKK, and have found that in the Sony VAIO we have and allow the team to "wake up" after the suspension have the Settings USB selective suspend enabled.

This discussion has been closed.