Acer es1=511-c723 is slow

Options
snowleopard102
snowleopard102 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello there. I bought myself a new Acer es1=511-c723 for my 60 the birthday in October 2014. I am slowly getting used to the windows 8, but, have only used it maybe a dozen times since i bought it. I find it so slow when i am on the internet ( I have hi speed wifi ). I mainly wanted it for Facebook to keep in contact with my kids and grandkids who live away. Is there some secret to correct this? My old acer had windows 7 and was so much faster i should have kept it. Thanks in advance if someone can help.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Shut down the laptop and unplug the modem and/or the router for 30 seconds. Plug in modem/router and then boot laptop.

How far is the laptop from the router? The new one might have a weaker antenna setup than the old laptop. Move laptop closer to router and see if it improves.

Go to Device Manager/Network Adapters and note if your Wifi adapter is Atheros or Broadcom and the date of the driver.

Right click on Wifi adapter and click uninstall. Go to the top and click "Scan for Hardware Changes and it will reinstall.You will have to reenter your password.

• DKstallion
    DKstallion Member Posts: 14 New User
    Options

Easy fix hop into the Microsoft Store (green block in the start menu)  and make sure you update the latest windows version to windows 8.1 , it uses less recources and is more effective than windows 8 or hop on the Acer web site and get it from there.

• annetho
    annetho Member Posts: 9 New User
    Options

I bought a E51-511-CODV around the same time and it has had slow internet from day one. There are lots of people in the same boat if you do some searches even with different models.  I'm going to try a USB wifi adapter as I have tried beyond everything else.  I upgraded to Windows 10 recently and that did not help. I think it is  a hardware thing. This has ruined me for Acer though and I probably will switch next time I buy laptop.