Acer V3-571G Bluetooth not working on Windows 8.1

Options
jalessi143
jalessi143 Member Posts: 1 New User

When I check the bluetooth driver in device manager,there's a message that says "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged (code 19).

Ahy idea how to fix this?

Thanks!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

hi..

You need to reinstall the bluetooth driver to resolve the issue : Bluetooth driver for windows 8.1

• ibnasif
    ibnasif Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options

i have reinstall it

and my problem is still there.

• colin_thames
    colin_thames Member Posts: 12 New User
    Options

I had exactly the same problem but with a V5-471P.  Same message.  I'd tinkered with the settings and there seemed to be no way to go back to factory default.  

It was solved after I reinstalled the Broadcom setup software package rather than just reinstalling the driver.  I think, but don't know for sure, that this may install other stuff and perhaps overwrite the settings in the registry.   Find the drivers on the Acer support site for your and install from there.

Hope this helps.  Please give Kudos if it does...

• cjb2145
    cjb2145 Member Posts: 11 New User
    Options

Colin: I'm having the same problem, I downloaded and reinstalled the drivers, which didn't help. You wrote about reinstalling the software package, where do I find software packages on the Acer website?

• colin_thames
    colin_thames Member Posts: 12 New User
    Options

Sorry if this is disappointing news, but I used the download that is shown as 'Drivers' but is actually a much more complete package.  I assumed by the first poster's description that he just updated the bluetooth driver in Device Manager.  But if you look at the size of the download - 183MB - on the Acer site it's clearly more than just a driver.

It sounds as though you may already have tried this as you referred to downloading something.  But if not download the pacakge here and see if that helps: http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/drivers 

This discussion has been closed.