Topic

Regular Visitor
dgee51
Accepted Solution

Acer Update compatability issue

Windows just did a major update on my Win7 machine and I get a message box saying that Acer Updater is not compatable with this version of windows and I need to contact Acer for a solution. Laptop is out of warrenty so I cannot get anywhere with tech support by email. Any suggestions?

Visitor
bjenista

update said my Acer 5253 was incompatible with Windows 7, didn't tell me what was incompatible.

I downloaded updates restarted, says that my Acer 5253 is not compatible with Windows 7.
Doesn't say how it's incompatible. What do I do/

Visitor
satomidabil4

Acer Aspire 5733z windows 7 laptop will not boot up after a windows update.

Regular Visitor
basalt

acer 5750 win 7 getting known issue warning about windows updater

acer 5750 win 7 getting known issue warning about windows updater. Instructed to look for fix by acer? Is there a fix? I see lots of discussion online about acer's freezing or not booting after win updates and I am looking to avoid a problem.

Visitor
jd63

How do I get rid of the pop up regarding Compatibility issues with Acer Updater and Windows7.

This annoying pop up started after the latest Windows updates. When I check the "check for solutions online" button it says there are no solutions available and to check with Acer. 

Visitor
Patell

Re: Acer Update compatability issue

Sorry no solution but exactly the same with my Acer 5749 - keen for an answer 

Visitor
leosenesi

me too..same problem

Regular Visitor
dgee51

I am guessing this has somethng to do with Windows including IE10 as part of the latest update packet. I have never had this issue before :smileysad:

Visitor
nonpop

Same problem here. Win 7 Home premium, Aspire S3-961.

Each time I cancel the pop-up it just comes back on restart.

Visitor
2James

sAME PROBLEM WITH aSPIRE aCER 5750

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Please join me in congratulating IronFly who is the first Acer Community Member to achieve the rank of ACE Pathfinder. IronFly has shown a consistent willingness to help others and has worked hard to earn this new Rank. Congrats and Thank You IronFly.

ACE Pathfinder

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: