Topic

Regular Visitor
dgee51
Accepted Solution

Acer Update compatability issue

Windows just did a major update on my Win7 machine and I get a message box saying that Acer Updater is not compatable with this version of windows and I need to contact Acer for a solution. Laptop is out of warrenty so I cannot get anywhere with tech support by email. Any suggestions?

Visitor
bjenista

update said my Acer 5253 was incompatible with Windows 7, didn't tell me what was incompatible.

I downloaded updates restarted, says that my Acer 5253 is not compatible with Windows 7.
Doesn't say how it's incompatible. What do I do/

Visitor
satomidabil4

Acer Aspire 5733z windows 7 laptop will not boot up after a windows update.

Regular Visitor
basalt

acer 5750 win 7 getting known issue warning about windows updater

acer 5750 win 7 getting known issue warning about windows updater. Instructed to look for fix by acer? Is there a fix? I see lots of discussion online about acer's freezing or not booting after win updates and I am looking to avoid a problem.

Visitor
jd63

How do I get rid of the pop up regarding Compatibility issues with Acer Updater and Windows7.

This annoying pop up started after the latest Windows updates. When I check the "check for solutions online" button it says there are no solutions available and to check with Acer. 

Visitor
Patell

Re: Acer Update compatability issue

Sorry no solution but exactly the same with my Acer 5749 - keen for an answer 

Visitor
leosenesi

me too..same problem

Regular Visitor
dgee51

I am guessing this has somethng to do with Windows including IE10 as part of the latest update packet. I have never had this issue before :smileysad:

Visitor
nonpop

Same problem here. Win 7 Home premium, Aspire S3-961.

Each time I cancel the pop-up it just comes back on restart.

Visitor
2James

sAME PROBLEM WITH aSPIRE aCER 5750

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Acer is proud to announce the promotion of Philetus to the ACE team. Philetus has been a member since March 2013 and has shown the skills and patience required to be a member of this exclusive, invite only team of experts. Congratulations Philetus!

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: