Acer Aspire e1-572 Bluetooth Not Detecting device

Options
rohitjindal
rohitjindal Member Posts: 2 New User

I have a Aspire e1-572 Model.

I have installed Windows 7 64 bit in it. Bluetooth Drivers are installed in my laptop, but no devices are detected .

Under device manager it shows "Bluetooth USB Adapter" and "Microsoft Bluetooth enumerator".

"Bluetooth USB Adapter" - > Manufacturer Atheros

But Microsoft Bluetooth enumerator has manufacturer Microsoft.

How to install Enumerator for Atheros QCWB335 series.

Please Help Me.

Answers

• therealovy77
    therealovy77 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I found something on another forum, i don't know if you tryed, but i post it:

Go to driver page for your laptop and download drivers for Win 8 x64:

DRIVER
    - Extract all from archive
    - Run WLAN(Combo)_Atheros_10.0.0.245_W8x64\setup.exe
    - If is not working, make an manual update of bluetooth driver and point to find drivers in extracted folder WLAN(Combo)_Atheros_10.0.0.245_W8x64\BT_DriverOnly\64

- if update successfully, restart and test if it is ok

• rohitjindal
    rohitjindal Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have tried it.

It says your drivers are installed.

But still my laptop is not able to detect to bluetooth devices.

Any other suggestion. Do the Bluetooth Enumerator need to be of Atheros Manufacturer because curretly it is of Microsoft.

And do the Drivers in Network Adapters section need to be of Atheros because curretlytheyare of

Microsoft.

Please Help

• PhilB
    PhilB Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

For windows 8.1 I cant find a fix for the atheros bluetooth anywhere but my usb plug and play bluetooth adaptor works fine and was very cheap so not realy a problem.

You have not said what OS you are using?

• vsvaibhavsethi
    vsvaibhavsethi Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Even i am facing the same problem.

The root cause is that acer has supported bluetooth drivers for windows 8 system only.

Acer needs to start sharing drivers for e1-571 model with windows 7 and lower end models else we would be lacking to use bluetooth feature in our laptops which would be a great downside for acer team since they are providing laptops with DOS/linux inbulit in them for budget laptops.\

\

Acer team would you please take a look out on this issue asap.

• petersellers66
    petersellers66 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

to bad Acer dont'have an win7 driver for download

i have been searching for ages for a win 7 driver for  the Qualcom Atheros Bluetooth in my E1-572 ( preinstalled with win 8 but reinstalled with win 7 ) finally i found a win 7 driver that really works.

It's an asus driver, downloaded from asus support site.... downloaded and tested.

link til asus drivere   choose the Qualcomm Atheros BlueTooth..... driver 2014.03.26  update

that's the one i have tested and working like a charm....

This discussion has been closed.