Acer Aspire V7: Use the laptop with lid closed?

shutterfly
shutterfly Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

I got a V7 582PG 6421 a few days ago from Microsoft Store. A big factor I purchased this unit is its dual video output (with converter port accssary attached). 

Now I am wonder if I can use the laptop with lid closed while connecting to two external monitors?

Thanks,

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

hi....

You can save power by specifying what the computer does when you close the lid or when you press the power button.

Depending on the setting you specify, pressing the power button causes the computer to do one of the following: Do nothing, Sleep, Hibernate, or Shut down.
    Depending on the setting you specify, closing the lid causes the computer to do one of the following: Do nothing, Sleep, Hibernate, or Shut down.

Move the mouse pointer to the left corner of the screen, right-click, and select Power Options .
    To change settings for the power button, click the arrow next to When I press the power button , select the setting you wish to use, and then click Save changes .
    In the left pane, click Choose what the power buttons do or Choose what closing the lid does
    To change the lid closure setting, click When I close the lid , select the setting you wish to use, and then click Save changes .
    Selecting "Do nothing", you will be able to use the laptop with lid closed while connecting to two external monitors

• rstet1
    rstet1 Member Posts: 1 New User

Thank you! You helped me with my Acer One notebook. I attached a monitor and wanted to be able to close the lid. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.