Topic

SDX
Regular Visitor
SDX

Acer Aspire V5 | Touch Backlit Keyboard

Hi guys,

Just got this outstanding Touch Note/Ultrabook and I Love It! :smileyhappy:

One thing, how can I timeout the Backlit Keyboard to turn off by itself after a certain time (like a screen timeout)?

Thanks!

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

Re: Acer Aspire V5 | Touch Backlit Keyboard

There is not a timer for the backlight, only the hotkeys that you are already using, given your previous post.

It may be possible that someone has developed one, but we do not have any information regarding that.

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base Articles
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Regular Visitor
Fayette_Yak14

How do I activate the keyboard backlight? I tried Fn + F9, but it did not. Please help.

SDX
Regular Visitor
SDX

Acer-Tommy wrote:

There is not a timer for the backlight, only the hotkeys that you are already using, given your previous post.

It may be possible that someone has developed one, but we do not have any information regarding that.

Thanks, but I noticed when using battery power the keyboeard only lights up when being used and when plugged in the keyboard is always backlit.

Where are the settings to change this?

SDX
Regular Visitor
SDX

Fayette_Yak14 wrote:

How do I activate the keyboard backlight? I tried Fn + F9, but it did not. Please help.

Are you sure you have the model with the backlit keyboard?

There is one without it.

Regular Visitor
Fayette_Yak14

I just found out that this model doesn't have a backlit keyboard. That saddened me. Thanks anyway.

Frequent Visitor
justjess8756

Press fn + f9

Frequent Visitor
bty2

Could someone please list which model has the backlit keyboard and which does not?  I am considering purchase of the 122P-0637.  But only if there is a backlit keyboard.  Thanks. 

Regular Visitor
300ml

I really really hope there is a way to set the keyboard light to OFF during each startup.

Better yet, let the user change the defaults or allow the laptop to memorize your last selection.

Did you know? Acer Community is also available in the following languages: