Acer Aspire V3-771G Windows 7

Noir_CZ
Noir_CZ Member Posts: 7 New User

Hello,

I am trying to install Windows 7 to my girlfriend´s computer but I am hitting problems.

In BIOS I set it from UEFI to Legacy type, the first part of Win 7 install runs fine, but when it restarts to finish the installation it gets to a part where it asks for CD-Key, which I provide and then set I want to use the security updates. Then the notebook restarts but hangs on black screen with _ blinking in top left of the screen. Any ideas about how to install the Win 7? 

Thanks,

with regards, Jan.

Answers

• Alan-London
    Alan-London ACE Posts: 793 Pioneer

Did you disable 'Secure Boot'?

• ben_berg
    ben_berg Member Posts: 13 New User

My system: Acer Aspire V3-771G, i7, 16Gb RAM, 128Gb SSD, 750Gb HD, 17,3" FullHd etc.

Because I did not like to work with the preinstalled Windows 8 I had the same problem.

I was not shure what was going to happen if I try to install Windows 7 ultimate...

Dont forget to make the Acer App/Driver Backup DVD before installing Windows 7,

you need it to complete the Windows 7 driver configuration once it is installed.

In the BIOS I then did the following:

In the "Security" tab I "Set Supervisor Password" to enable

1. to set the "Secure Boot Mode" to "Custom"

2. to "Erase all Secure Boot Setting" and

3. in the "Boot" tab set "Secure Boot" to "Disabled".

Then I rebooted into the BIOS (password) and cleared the supervisor password.

The changed security options remain after the supervisor password is cleared.

In the "Boot" tab I then changed "Boot Mode" to "Legacy BIOS" and rebooted

and chose by pressing [F12] the CDROM with the Windows 7 setup dvd as boot device.

The installation starts without problems until the point when

it asks  for the installation language and the keyboard layout.

If you continue the installation here it might fail to choose the installation drive (GPT)...

At this point you can convert the SSD and/or HD to the MBR format:

- press [SHIFT]+[F10] to open the command prompt

- type: diskpart [enter]

- type: list disk [enter] shows you the disk(s) of your system

for every disk (0,1,..x)

- type: select disk x [enter]

- type: clean [enter] erases all data from the disk x

- type: convert mbr [enter] converts the disk x to the MBR format

after you converted all the disks to MBR you can close the command prompt and install Windows 7.

On my system the Windows 7 installation was then completed without problems.

• Noir_CZ

Alan-London

Yep, the secureboot is disabled.

ben_berg

Actually found your step by step earlier this day and tried it too. nbsp; It seems that the installation itself is alright. I get past the point where I need the installation disk and it restarts for finishing the installation. After entering my product key it says it will finish the install and restarts one last time... after which it just gets stuck after bios check but does not even get into the windows loading screen.

• ben_berg

My system: Acer Aspire V3-771G, i7, 16Gb RAM, 128Gb SSD, 750Gb HD, 17,3" FullHd etc.

You can power-off the computer by the power button, then at the next boot check if the BIOS

setting are all correct and at the reboot press [F8] to eventually get into the Windows start options.

• Noir_CZ

Still nothing...

Hmm from what I gathered from bits and pieces... could it be because I am using a really old disc where there is no Service Pack 1 included?

• ben_berg

The booting into indows 7 should work no matter what version you are installing.

In the BIOS setup you should make shure that in the "Boot" tab in the "Boot priority order"

the HDD you installed Windows on (normally "HDD0" is set to boot from in the first place (1.)

• Noir_CZ

Yes, have that, and also tried selecting the HDD right away with F12. Not working.

• ben_berg

Acer Aspire V3-771G, i7, 16Gb RAM, 128Gb SSD, 750Gb HD, 17,3" FullHd, nVidia GeForce GT650M

Does your Acer Aspire V3-371G have more or less the same equipement like mine?

Did you prepare the BIOS and disk exactly like I described it in the previous posts?

Did the key [F8] not work at boot to open the Windows 7 start options?

You can still try to boot by [F12] into the intallation DVD again, maybe Windows 7 will then offer

you an option to repair the system during the setup, or other options that could solve the problem.

• Noir_CZ

More or less the same. Less RAM and only one 1TB HDD.

Anyway no idea why it did not work. I borrowed installation DVD from a friend which was a DVD with multiple systems, so I chose the one appropriate to my CDkey and it works. So... it really does seem that there was something wrong with the install disc.

• ben_berg

Acer Aspire V3-771G, i7, 16Gb RAM, 128Gb SSD, 750Gb HD, 17,3" FullHd, nVidia GeForce GT650M

Finally ! I hope you now can enjoy working on the machine.

• Noir_CZ

Thanks for your time though.

And I doubt I will be enjoying the time... the notebook belongs to my girlfriend and she is all eager to start up her new Sims 3 Smiley Happy

Thanks again and have nice time.

• Kitoglaw
    Kitoglaw Member Posts: 1 New User

Thank you ben_berg !! I followed Your instructions and it worked.  If I only found Your post earlier it would have saved me a lot of time and nervs.

Guys anyone having problems instaling Win7 try ben_berg  advice. It healped me.

• keny69
    keny69 Member Posts: 2 New User

Noir_CZ how did you solve the problem...ben_berg solution didn help me...thanks

• Noir_CZ

Actually I did not. Friend of mine did or more exactly his install DVD, no idea what the difference was.

• keny69
    keny69 Member Posts: 2 New User

ok..I wrote to acer support...problem was with HDD technology of 4K sectors what win 7 does not support...I had to use win 7 install dvd with service pack 1...thats all...thanks

This discussion has been closed.