Acer Aspire Switch 10 wont turn back on

Options
emc2coyote
emc2coyote Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an Acer Aspire Switch 10 that I recieved for Christmas.  2 day ago the computer was on and appeared to go into "sleep mode" when I walked away for a few minutes.  I have been unable to get it to turn on since.  The computer was plugged in at the time (LED indicator was blue).  I have tried the power button + volume down and it does nothing. 

I unplugged the tablet overnight. The LED comes on (orange) when plugged back in, but otherwise I am getting nothing.

It has never been dropped, gotten wet or anything else along those lines.   

What can I do(or do I just have an expensive paperweight?)  I have ownered Acer laptops for years and loved them but lasting 3 months is ridiculous!

Answers

• anto
    anto Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Options

Hi, First turn off the tablet and unplug the charger, Press and hold the powerbutton for 30seconds, Then connect the charger(Adapter), Press the power button till the tablet come back on.

Pls try with this step (powerdrain process).

• emc2coyote
    emc2coyote Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I tried the above with no change. The LED came on orange when I plugged the adapter back in but it is still not turning on.
  • SQW103
    SQW103 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you very much for this advice. I had the same problem with new Aspire Switch 10 and this has restored it to life. Very grateful as there is no service from Acer staff. Also system does not recognise my ID.