Topic

Visitor
rukusone
Accepted Solution

Acer Aspire One d270 ram upgrade

I recently bought a Acer Aspire One D270-1806 netbook. It comes with 1GB of Ram.

I am looking to upgrade this to 2GB. I have been unable to find a service manual for this netbook.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Visitor
rukusone

Re: Acer Aspire One d270 ram upgrade

I have seen a few posts claiming that upgrading the D270 ram has been deemed not user replaceable. Although Acer may have deemed it not user replaceable; it totally is. It was so easy. I switched out the standard 1GB of Ram for a 2GB stick in roughly 10mins.

Here is the video i used: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEcIer28aNc

Visitor
sabka_raja

Hello,

Thank you for sharing video.

I'm wondering if there is a possibility of upgrading RAM more than 2GB as my D270 netbook already have 2GB RAM.

If so please suggest.

Thanks!

Leader
Vince53

Rukusone,k the maximum RAM supported by a Aspire One D270-1806 is 2 gigabytes. But before you despair, let me explain one of technology's deep, dark secrets.

Your rig has a dual-core CPU and two gigs of RAM. Except for a few high-end games, that is about as fast as any one program can go. Adding more RAM will improve your multi-tasking, but if you are using one program at a time (You actually have antivirus and other programs running in the background) you might see a small increase at speed at best.

Hope this helps.

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Long time Acer Community member and leader Padgett has reached a new milestone of 1500 posts helping and guiding others to solution. Please join me in congratulating Padgett on this accomplishment.

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: