Topic

Visitor
sabarooni

Acer Aspire 5742 Bluetooth problems...

So I got an Apple bluetooth keyboard through the post today, and was really excited to start using it. However, when trying to add the device by going Start>Devices and Printers>Add a Device, my computer doesn't detect the keyboard at all.

I went into my device manager to see if I could find the problem, but it turns out that there is no bluetooth adapter visible there, nor can I seem to find any drivers on my actual computer. I tried downloading all the bluetooth drivers from the acer website, but none of them seem to do anything...

Looking in the device manager shows me that I have an 'Atheros Bluetooth Bus', but for some reason my new keyboard is not detected. I am unable to use the laptops keyboard to do fn+f3, so I'm not sure if that works, is there a way of doing the same thing without using the keyboard?..

I'm pretty sure my laptop has bluetooth, as this is what the internet has told me, so I would really appreciate any help at all!

Thanks

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

Re: Acer Aspire 5742 Bluetooth problems...

Specifications for the Aspire 5742 will vary by model, so it will depend on the specific model of notebook you have.

Recommended Links

How to tell if your computer has Bluetooth
My computer has a Bluetooth icon, button or software. Does that mean my netbook or notebook has Blue...

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base Articles
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Visitor
Magor

Re: Acer Aspire 5742 Bluetooth problems...

Hi,

So - Tommy, HOW to sort out the ASPIRE 5742G (PEW71) problem ??? I have downloaded the Atheros driver installed etc but it is just not enough ? Any magic needed ? Are these series faulty...

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Acer is proud to announce the promotion of Philetus to the ACE team. Philetus has been a member since March 2013 and has shown the skills and patience required to be a member of this exclusive, invite only team of experts. Congratulations Philetus!

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: