Acer Aspire 5736Z-4336 crashed. Used recovery disks. Seemed to work, but Windows 7 won't boot up.

Options
nascar82
nascar82 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

My friend and I have exactly the same computer.  His crashed.  I used my recovery disks on his machine.  I don't know if that would make a difference.  Every things seemed to work off the recovery disks, until it tries to boot up windows 7, then it tells me that, windows is starting, I see the windows logo, and then it says "setup is starting services" and then the message comes up, "the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error.  Windows installation cannot proceed.  To install Windows, click "ok to restart the computer, and then restart the installation".  I click "ok" and the process starts all over again.  I don't have the windows 7 disks, because it came already installed on the computer.  I thought the recovery disks would install windows.  I noticed that in comparing mine to his, when I hit the f2 key, it shows me that his SATA Port) Disk Status is frozen and mine is not.  I don't know what that is, but maybe someone will.  

Can someone please help?

Thanks,

Dianne

Answers