Acer Aspire 5560 BIOS Features locked

epervagyok
epervagyok Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello everyone.

I have an Acer Aspire 5560 Notebook, which had no problems till now.

The problem of my notebook comes from a BIOS problem. Some Bios features got locked from a sudden.

Example: Overclocking CPU is no longer available in the Bios and this is my main problem, because AMD Overdrive is also missing from Catalyst Control Center menu.

I will tell you what has changed since this feature has been disapled/locked/lost.

I have installed Ubuntu linux along my Windows 7 Ultimate x64, till then I cannot overdrive my cpu to higher frequencies. 

I have tried updating my BIOS with the lastest patch found on Acer, but it is still not helping me. I also formatted the whole harddrive and installed a clean copy of Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and still not doing anything.

I hope someone here might help me out.

Thank you in advanced, Ervin Smith.

EDIT:

I have also made a check of CPU frequency with CPU-z and i was amazed about what i saw.

The CPU is running at a very low freq, between ~750 and 1GHz and this is bad, because I always set CPU freq from Catalyst to use CPU at maximum performance.

Untitled.png

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

>>>I also formatted the whole harddrive>>>

Does this mean the erecovery partition has been wiped too? What boot mgr are you using?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

This discussion has been closed.