Acer Aspire 5551G Windows 7 pro stuck in reboot loop

xMikkkx
xMikkkx Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi, 

My Aspire 5551G doesn't boot to win7.

I just updated my BIOS from 1.06 to 2.14, after it asked to do restart I did and It does not boot since that.

I press power button, screen shows acer and f2 for options, after that shows OS list, I choose win7 and enter, it shows START NORMALLY or LAUNCH STARTUP RECOVERY I take Start normally and it shows win7 coloured balls moving, the balls freeze twice and pc shows some blue screen for less than half a second. Restarts. When I choose recovery It fails and gives error:

Problem Event Name : StartupRepairOffline

Problem Signature01 : 6.1.7600.16385

Problem Signature 02 : 6.1.7600.16385

Problem Signature 03 : unknown

Problem Signature 04 :  21199969

Problem Signature 05 : AutoFailover

Problem Signature 06 : 8

Problem Signature 07 : NoRootCause

OS Version : 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID : 1033

When I was downloading new BIOS, I noticed that windows was downloading updates, so when I was installing BIOS, the update process could have been started.

I had some problems with VirtualDiskDrives before that. Also I did not had empty DVD drive icon in My Computer. Only hdd and memorycard.

Also, I have two OS on my HDD, win7 pro and some version of ubuntun (10+ I think). 

I tried to restore BIOS with memory stick and fn+esc but it shows only some screen with information for 1 sec and passes to OS list. 

I tried to install another version of win7 but it needed dvd-drive driver and I did not manage to find it in the internet.

Please help.

Best Answer

• xMikkkx
    Answer ✓

SOLVED

On boot press F2, change some hdd setting from ~ASHI~ to IDE

Probably it changed during the bios update.

Answers

• xMikkkx
    Answer ✓

SOLVED

On boot press F2, change some hdd setting from ~ASHI~ to IDE

Probably it changed during the bios update.

This discussion has been closed.