Acer Aspire 3000 ZL5

pcpunk
pcpunk Member Posts: 10 New User
I got a new used laptop but there is no sound at all, the earphone jacks don't work nor the speakers. The mouse pad does not work well either, and, I cannot use my Logitech mouse via. usb port? I'm hoping someone else has this same laptop or one like it and can help me out. I am getting ready to re-install because I though this might solve the problem. I tried installing some drivers for AC97 Sound Controller but that did not work either. The drivers would not install, then I uninstalled AC97 in Add-Remove Programs by accident, I was trying to Update it. Then I installed another AC97 from download.net. After this I tried again to Remove and re-install a newer driver but it would not uninstall or install. Thanks pcpunk

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

OS installed?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • pcpunk

Sorry for the delay IronFly.  I have Windows XP 32bit SP-3.  Someone on another site is guiding me on how to reinstall in hopes that this would help.  I would like to avoid this if possible considering it might not be the answer to fixing it.  Thanks for the help, pcpunk

• pcpunk

I guess there is no one with this issue here?

• IronFly
  • pcpunk

I already tried all that, it seems that something else is wrong.  I am using the recovery partition right now to see if this will help.  The person that I got it from installed XP from a disk he had instead of using the recovery disks that came with it, or the recovery partition on it.  Do you think this would cause this condition?  Thanks Ironfly

• IronFly

if you can use the original recovery partition is better, i see too much issues on your system.

• XeOON
    XeOON Member Posts: 8 New User

Hello, pcpunk

I'd love to help the persone which is strugling with the same dire issues as myself Smiley Happy

Could you, please, download this app from here, run it and post HTML report here?

Give it time tho, it takes a while to scan the system