Acer 5750G epic fail

nik-reca
nik-reca Member Posts: 1 New User

Acer 5750G - windows 7 

So, I have been fighting with the dolby advanced audio lately to no avail. I saw to post saying to try a restore to get it back to working.  I got the restore started and it was going along fine until I got an error message "windows could not configure your hardware."  restart and try again to get this error message "windows could not complete the installation."   restart and try again.  Which just sends the computer into a loop of resarting and getting that message.  I'm also locked out of my restore points apparently.  So, I'm pretty impressed with the acer restore software's ability to do anything worthwhile.

I pulled the drive and I'm backing up any new files since my last back-up.  I guess I will just exorcise the drive and do a clean, non-acer infected, install.  At least then I know I will have access to my restore points.  I'm sure I will lose the dolby software, which was the point of all of this in the first place, but at least I will be able to use that machine for than just a paper weight.

Answers

This discussion has been closed.