Acer 1640Z laptop. NTI backup NOW 4 ??

Options
cp928
cp928 Member Posts: 16 New User

Back again after the crash repair on the 1640Z.  Everything still running fine, but on exploring the programs I found 'NTI backup NOW 4.'  I had a look at that, tried to enter the program, but was informed it was not installed correctly.  Searching the web it appears to be a backup program

Does anyone else use NTI backup, or know anything about it ?

I use Macrium Reflect backup to an external drive, so to my way of thinking NTI is superfluous as I use Macrium; and as it is not installed correctly, I cannot use,so I can safely delete and remove the NTI program ??

Best Answer

• cp928
    Answer ✓
    Options

It seemed that NTI BackupNow 4 was corrupted.  There was also NTI 7 installed on this XP laptop, and although I could enter NTI 7 and its sub -menus they would not work correctly, so it looked as though that program, too, was corrupted - possibly from when I crashed the laptop.  I have since removed both programs.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,052 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

You'll find an update on the NTI website (Acer OEM version). May be solve your issue.

France
  • cp928
    Options

laurent_14, I will have a look at your link out of curiosity.  But I am thinking that I no longer need NTI Backup Now 4, since I am using Macrium Refelect satisfactorily, and that updating/re-installing NTI would just give me a second backup program.

• cp928
    Answer ✓
    Options

It seemed that NTI BackupNow 4 was corrupted.  There was also NTI 7 installed on this XP laptop, and although I could enter NTI 7 and its sub -menus they would not work correctly, so it looked as though that program, too, was corrupted - possibly from when I crashed the laptop.  I have since removed both programs.