ASPIRE V3-771 Annoying Fan

Options
Iwish
Iwish Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I'm an owner of an Acer Aspire V3-771 (i3-3120M, no dedicated GPU) notebook for almost a year. First of all, this is a very nice notebook: 2 disk bays, msata, vibrant display. Almost perfect.
But the fan behaviour is really ruining it for me.
I'm mostly doing less CPU intensive stuff (pdf reading, light programming & browsing). So the CPU is most of the time just idling. Nevertheless the fan is turning on/off 3-4 times a minute!!!
For me, this behaviour is absolutely crazy and really annoying! I know my Acer Aspire is functioning fully normal, but why have you programmed such stupid (sry) temperature thresholds?! (35 degrees: off - 40 degrees: on).
So I beg you, give us V3-771 owners a bios update. Please change the temperature thresholds, or even better just keep the fan running (but please at lower rpm than 2400 in idle state).
It would make (of course including me) so many Acer Aspire V3-771 owners really happy. Otherwise I just have to sell it and give another brand a chance.

I hope what I have requested is possible.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options

Your hardware configuration might be compatible with an app called speedfan. Google 'speedfan'. You might want download and try it to see if it will recognize and control the fan on your system.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ