AO532h can't see intenet

DOC2
DOC2 Member Posts: 3 New User

Wireless network connection shows connected with excellent signal strength but I can't get to internet. I get a "This page can't be displayed" message for any web site. Wifi indicator light on lower left edge is red and the FN-F2 combination will not "turn on" the wifi function.

I have reset most internet and computer settings to default to no avail.

Please help with any hints as to how to "turn on" the wifi function/get to the internet.

Thanks!

Answers

• ajay_1988
    ajay_1988 Member Posts: 77 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Right Click on My Computer -> Select Manage

Computer Management DIalog boc opens

8.jpg

See if you have any yellow question mark or Red question mark for any of the devices

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,477 Trailblazer

I think the wireless combo should be Fn+F3.

At any rate, check your modem's indicator LEDs for on-line connectivity, etc. If it all seems OK but you still can't reach the internet, then power off your modem, router & AO for a minute or so. Power up the modem & router. Make sure the indicator LEDs are OK. The power up the AO. Report back.

Thanks

Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• ajay_1988
    ajay_1988 Member Posts: 77 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Dear Jack,
    I read its manual just now and it says that Fn+F2 button is to enable and disable Wifi.

9.jpg

Mr. DOC2 said that he sees a red cross in the connection area and also his Fn+f2 Button is not changing the state of wifi

So can we assume that he has some driver issue

• JackE

>>>Wireless network connection shows connected with excellent signal strength >>>

OK, Ajay. Sounds good. DOC2's first sentence above confused me a bit. I thought he was connected to his router but the router wasn't seeing the internet. Carry on. 

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DOC2

No indications of yellow or red (or anything) in Device mgr.

• DOC2

Thanks for the help.

Manual and pictures on the keys says F2 (F3 is bluetooth). None the less, neither will change/cure/toggle the red Wifi LED.

Fn key will toogle other functions.

Rebooting modem, router and AO have not had any affect.

Wireless network connection shows "connected," speed is good,and connection shows acivity, both "sent" and "received."

Google home page on internet fails "This page cannot be displayed."

Windows Live Mail reports "The connection to the server has failed."

Wireless signal/router/modem working fine on separate wireless laptop.

I appreciate all recommendations.

Something I have done or not done has turned wireless function off an I can't seem to get it back on.

Regards

DOC2

• JackE

DOC2>>>Something I have done or not done has turned wireless function off an I can't seem to get it back on.>>>

Let me get this straight. Device Mgr shows the WiFi network adapter is working properly. Is this correct?

And you can see from clicking the task bar WiFi icon that you are connected with good signal to your router (whatever name you've given it) but says it has no internet access. Is this correct?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

This discussion has been closed.