Nitro VN7-792G Black screen issue

Stuart_h
Stuart_h Member Posts: 4 New User
Hi I purchased a Nitro V Black edition model number VN7-792G last month and the screen is not working. The laptop came with Windows 10 installed and was working fine. If I plug the laptop into an external monitor it's output is fine, but the laptop screen remains black. I don't see anything on the screen at all and the screen was working when I last used the laptop (a few days earlier). Is this a common problem or is it likely to need replaced?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

if you point a torch to the laptop screen, can you see something?

if it's still black, try this:

try this:
    at boot press ALT+F10 or after entering your password to login, keep pressing Shift key, this will start Acer/windows recovery.
    From the Recovery screen
    Click on Troubleshoot.
    Click on Advanced Options.
    Click on Startup Settings.
    Click on Restart.
    The PC will now reboot to the Startup Settings screen.
    Press 4 to Enable Safe Mode as prompted.

once in Safe mode, go to Device manager, click on Display adapters, right click on your VGA and choose uninstall(tick to uninstall software too).

reboot normally and check if black/blank screen is fixed.

if ALT+F10 doesn't work:

create a windows 10 bootable media

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

then boot from it, click on repair my pc and then follow the previous steps to entere Safe mode.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Stuart_h

Hi, thanks for the assistance.

I can't see anything on the screen using atorch. I tried to boot into safe mode and this didnt work either.

I'm creating a windows 10 file as recommended and I'll boot into safe mode from that and let you know the outcome.

Thanks,

Stuart

• IronFly

quick question:- when you boot your laptop, does the Acer splash screen appear?

if not, probably you have a dead LCD screen or a disconnected LCD cable.

• Stuart_h

I don' t see anything on the screen at all.

If I plug into an external monitor the splash screen appears as usual.

• Stuart_h

I've created the windows 10 file but I dont get the option to boot from USB when starting the laptop.

There is an option to run an auto install on the USB but this is only accessed once the laptop is up and running. Should I do this?

I do think its likely top be a dead screen or cable issue as it has just suddenly stopped working.

• IronFly

i don't think it's worth trying....if you are still under warranty give Acer support service a call.