XB270H Back Light Bleed QC Issues?

Options
MrGoat
MrGoat Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I have purchased and returned 3 different Acer XB270H monitors and all three have very noticeable back light bleed and uneven black levels.

Monitor one: Monitor 1.jpg

Monitor 2:Monitor 2.jpg

Monitor 3:monitor 3.jpg

In games: chiv mon 1.jpg

Alien moni 1.jpg

At this point it is either return it and try out a 4th monitor, send it in for a repair, or just get my money back and buy a Asus PG278Q. This is my first Acer monitor and these QC issues have me really concerned about trying out the repair option. Is this level of black light bleed acceptable standards by Acer?

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

MrGoat,

I am sorry to see that you are experiencing the backlight bleed and uneven black levels. I understand the concern but the back light level on a TN panel are going to rely on the viewing angles. The bleeding in the corner is concerning, especially on multiple monitors. Here is an image of our unit, however we are not seeing your specific issue:

B276HL_v.jpg

I would like to assure you that our repair group can take care of issues such as the one your presented. If you could provide your SN via private message, I would like to get it to our engineers for further review.

• MrGoat
    MrGoat Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks for the reply.  The image of your monitor seems to look much better than the ones I received. Unfortunately, I already returned the monitor and got a Asus ROG Swift instead;  it has no bleed at all and dark even blacks.