Wanted to share my poor experience with getting a repair from acer.

Options
Shroy15
Shroy15 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I bought an Acer Predator XB271HU a few months back. When I got the monitor I plugged it in using a display port, and everything worked great. In December I tried hooking up an Xbox One to the HDMI, and the port did not work. I got on to Acer tech support chat online. They told me to send it to them and they would fix it, so that’s what I did. I sent them my monitor and about two weeks later I get it back, and the LCD screen is broken.

I get back on Acer chat, and tell them that my monitor was returned broken. They told me because it was physical damage that I would have to talk to their level 2 support, and that I would hear from them the next day. That was Wednesday night after I got off work. Thursday goes by and I have not heard anything from them. I get back on the chat to ask why. The rep told me that I wouldn't hear from them until the next day, and that they level 2 was already closed for the day. Friday goes by, and I still didn't hear from them. I had plans Friday, so I couldn’t try to talk to them on that day to ask why I didn’t hear anything. On Saturday I talk to them again and they told me I have to wait till Monday, and that I should get back on chat before 6 pm EST to talk to them.

On Monday I get back on chat when I was on a lunch break from work, so I could make sure I could talk to them in time. I get to level 2 tech support, and they told me to send it back and they will send me a new one. They told me they won’t send me on until they received the one I’m sending back. I sent them mine, and about another week and a half goes by I get the "new" one. I plug it in, and it doesn’t turn on. No power anywhere, so I get back on the chat again, and they told me to call the 800 number. I called and the guy told me to send it back, so that’s where I’m at right now. Waiting and crossing my fingers that on the fourth try of getting the monitor that it will be working 100%.

I am severely disappointed with the level of customer service that I received. Is seemed like they didn’t seem to care. They apologized, but they didn’t seem to want to correct the issue any quicker than any other issue even though the acer repair facility were the ones who broke my monitor. I have worked in retail for over 10 years, and if me or my team makes a mistake we do everything we can do to make it right as fast as we can. My fingers are crossed that I get it back in one piece this time.

Sorry for the rant, but I just needed to say it somewhere.

Answers

• Jose-Acer
    Jose-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,339 Community Administrator
    Options

Hello @Shroy15,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re disappointed with the experience contacting our Support service.  This is not the experience we want our customers to have with their products or the repair process.  We would like to thank you for feedback; it has been forwarded to the appropriate department to look into this, as we’re always looking for ways to improve our support process.