V176L monitor going black

Sorraia3
Sorraia3 Member Posts: 3 New User

I have a brend new, just out of the box, Acer V176L monitor paired with the Acer Veriton X2630G Windows 7 64 bit system. When I turn on the monitor I get the Acer logo then the Energy Star logo and then it goes black. The power light is on, no buttons/menus are available, I cannot even turn it off.  I can login to windows and can hear the startup sound, but the screen remains pitch black. If I unplug the monitor and plug it back in sometimes it will come on and the power and menu buttons will work again and I can use it like normal.  If the PC goes into sleep, when I bring it back, it does it again... black screen, power on, no buttons work.  This pc is used for a small business.  I need a fix fast please.  Thank you so much!

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hello,

That's a hardware issue (no difference between the two version of Windows for the test).

The best solution is to return your monitor to the reseller.

France

Answers

• laurent_14

Hello Sorraia3,

Have you tried to connect your desktop to a lcd/led tv?

France
  • Sorraia3

No I have no TV like that, but my neighbor has a different Acer monitor they've been using with Win 7 for a couple years now.  I can try that.

• Sorraia3

OK, I hooked up this system to my neighbor's monitor and everything worked just fine.  That was an Acer X173w monitor.  I then tried this monitor on their system and it did the same black screen thing.  They have win 7 32 bit home and this one I have is win 7 64 bit pro.  Will that make a difference?  We even tried different power, VGA and DVI cables... Black every time.  Any other suggestions?  If not, I'm going to do a return on it.  Thanks!

• laurent_14
    Answer ✓

Hello,

That's a hardware issue (no difference between the two version of Windows for the test).

The best solution is to return your monitor to the reseller.

France
This discussion has been closed.