T272HUL monitor does not enter stand-by/energy saving state

Options
mk1
mk1 Member Posts: 2 New User

In short:

The monitor enters stand-by/energy saving state just for a second and then goes on again. This repeatedly for hours/ever.

Correct behaviour:

If computer goes off or into sleep mode the monitor should enter stand-by/energy saving state.

Annotation:

T272HUL shows stand-by with a "yellow LED". If the monitor is on it shows the "blue LED".

Problem:

If computer goes off or into sleep mode the monitor enters "yellow LED" state and the backlight goes of - but just for a second. Then the monitors returns to "blue LED" and it shows "No signal" on the screen. Then after about half a minute it enters again very short "yellow LED" state and backlight off and then again "blue LED" and shows "No signal". And so on. For hours.

The problem is always and with both system configurations: 

Configuration 1: Microsoft Surface Pro 3 with Windows 8.1 on docking station. Docking station and monitor connected via DisplayPort and USB. On the side of the docking station it's a MiniDisplayPort plug and the USB cable is put into a USB 3 port on the docking station.

Configuration 2 - very simple, for test purpose: Microsoft Surface Pro 3 with Windows 8.1. Surface and monitor connected via DisplayPort only. No USB connection. On the Surface side it's a MiniDisplayPort plug. No keyboard and no mouse attached to the Surface (neither cable nor wireless).

Very annoying. Does anyone know about this problem?

Thank you

Martin

Best Answer

• mk1
    Answer ✓
    Options

Problem does *not* occur with another Computer: I just tested with Microsoft Surface Pro. Everything good. The problem just occurs with the Microsoft Surface Pro 3.

So the Acer monitor is good.

The computer is the problem.

But anyway: Microsoft Surface Pro 3 will be bought by many customers (it just came to market). And for this computer the Acer T272HUL is the monitor of choice for many people. So let's see if others make the same experience or if I'm the only one.

I'm looking forward to comments of other computer users. Thank you.

Martin

Answers

• mk1
    Answer ✓
    Options

Problem does *not* occur with another Computer: I just tested with Microsoft Surface Pro. Everything good. The problem just occurs with the Microsoft Surface Pro 3.

So the Acer monitor is good.

The computer is the problem.

But anyway: Microsoft Surface Pro 3 will be bought by many customers (it just came to market). And for this computer the Acer T272HUL is the monitor of choice for many people. So let's see if others make the same experience or if I'm the only one.

I'm looking forward to comments of other computer users. Thank you.

Martin

This discussion has been closed.