S201HL will not read DVI?

tcwill00
tcwill00 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have an S201HL monitor and a Lenovo machine.  The machine came with Windows 8.1 and I upgraded to Windows 10.  Out of the box, the machine only read my S201HL as a nongeneric PnP monitor and wouldn't let me change the resolution -- it decided I could like 1024x768 or lump it.

However, at the beginning of March this year, it suddenly decided to let me be widescreen and allow me to change the resolution.  A few days later, it reverted to 1024x768 but I was able to kick it back up using the resolution drop down menu.  Then, around the 15th of March, Windows 10 updated and I was back to being stuck at the lower resolution.

My drivers are all up to date for graphics card and nongeneric pnp monitor.  I have the last driver released for the S201HL, but Windows won't let me install it.  I got a DVI cable ... and my graphics card only has VGA and HDMI ports.  So I got an HDMI to DVI adapter.  My monitor wouldn't read the input from the DVI cable.  It won't let me tell it to search its inputs unless it already has an input, and my VGA and adapted DVI cable won't both connect to my graphics card at the same time.

I have tried the cable on another computer and it works fine.  That other computer is a Windows 7 machine and its VGA feed works fine with my monitor.  I could even change the resolution.  However, my monitor just won't read the DVI input, even with both VGA and DVI connected at the same time.

Is this something I can resolve, or should I consider replacing the monitor?