H236HL Monitor HDMI No Signal

Options
PhantomAngel
PhantomAngel Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello, I recently got an Acer monitor (model H236HL) along with a Lenovo 710-25ISH Desktop (model 90FB0001US) and I can't seem to get it to work using the HDMI port. I hook up the HDMI cable, power on the monitor and then the computer, and it cycles through the available connections (DVI, HDMI and VGA) and then the No Signal box just comes up and the monitor powers back down. It does work using the VGA connection though, so I tried hooking up both the VGA and HDMI cables and then using the buttons on the monitor to change the input to HDMI, but after selecting "Reset" it just seems to default back to the VGA connection. I don't know if there's a certain driver that I need to download or if it's a faulty cable or something else, but I have noticed that if I go into the NVIDIA Control Panel, with both the VGA and HDMI cables connected, it only detects the VGA connection, so could that indicate it's a problem with the cable? I would really appreciate any help with this.

Answers

• perehn1
    perehn1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have a very similair problem with my KA240HQ. Sometimes it works when I use a Displayport to HDMI-cable, sometimes it does what you describe. It works perfectly via VGA, but picture quality isn't optimal.

Any help would be greatly appriciated!