Acer P215H Xbox won't show up?

Fwizzle45
Fwizzle45 Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm trying to connect my xbox via VGA to component. I have the VGA going into the monitor, component end going into a capture card, and capture card going out to my xbox. When I connect to my tv it shows up fine. When I try to connect to the computer and switch the display to VGA mode it goes black for a second, says VGA in the top right, then switches back to DVI-D. Any help?

Answers

• Dsurian
    Dsurian Member Posts: 63 Troubleshooter

Do you use the exact same cable setup when plugging the xbox into your TV? If not, what changes? - either/or what TV?

As far as the monitor, it sounds like a fairly complex connection setup, so I assume the monitor is having issues sorting it out. I'd start with the most basic cable setup that you can achieve (composite to VGA?) and see if at least that works. If it does, then you'll at least know that there's nothing wrong with the monitor (or presumably the xbox) but something wrong with the connection. Just a guess, but it may be related to the capture card...

If it doesn't, have you tested your monitor on something else recently - maybe a computer? - both the DVI and VGA ports?

This discussion has been closed.