Acer B326HK does not really suppot Mac. It does not wake up from energy save....

Restlesstonight
Restlesstonight Member Posts: 7 New User

Acer B326HK does not really suppot Mac. It does not wake up from energy save. Not from a MacPro running Yosemite, not from an iMac running Windows 7.

Tried diffrent cables/adapters. MiniDP to MiniDP, MIniDP to DP... all the same result. You have to unplug and replug the monitor and it will power on again.

The real problem is, that you can't use a multiple monitor setup, because OSX will reconfigure all windows and settings everytime a monitor is missing after wake up.... very very very annoying.

Acer Support just ponits to apple claiming they are using non standart protocol with there miniDP.

Does anybody have a similar problem or a solution?

Greatful for any hint.

Answers

• jbl173
    jbl173 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

@ Restlesstonight. have you ever tried using DP to set the monitor to 2.2 instead of 1.2. It may also be that there is a defect in the motherboard, because my monitor also had weird things. Acer has come to pick up the monitor, and now I got news from Acer that a defect is on the motherboard. I am now awaiting a new monitor that Acer will send me.

• jbl173

Tinkerer

After Acer late me now that the motherboard of my monitor was broken and had to be replaced, but Acer they had no spare parts for the moment. I requested a refund and buy a new monitor. My surprise was great when I on this new monitor had the same problem. I sought out what it could be and have found the problem. If you let the monitor go into sleep mode and you want to go afterwards get back to work, then the monitor is apparently lost its signal. I temporarily solved by putting the monitor only on screen protection and disabled off hibernation.

• Restlesstonight

Thank you for your input... very strange. Seem like a problem with the design.

I just turned of hibernation, too... but that just costs so much unesserary energy, that I feel like killing ice bears with my bare hands …-(

• Restlesstonight

Hey... thanks for the idea... You are talking about the DisplayPort Version (running 1.2 of course). The higher level would be 1.4 (as far as I know) witch is neither supportet by my grafics card nor the display. 1.1 has the same problem.

I guess we are stuck here

• jbl173

Tinkerer

Can you tell me what graphics card you use on the monitor.

• Restlesstonight

Sure... it's the large option on the MacPro (late 2013) - AMD FirePro D700 (2x)

That is more or less the same as the AMD FirePro W9000 in the PC world

• Restlesstonight

The iMac with Winows 7 has an old nvidia option... don't know witch one

• Restlesstonight

Its a GeForce9400

• jbl173

Tinkerer

Thank you for the information. looked up a few things and I think your biggest problem will be that you can not install the appropriate driver for B326HK for a Mac. Because at the official Acer website there is only a driver available for Windows PC. It is also known that Mac in their systems built-in something that checked to what peripherals you connect it. There to the Scharp 4K monitor that is for sale on the Mac store can only be used with a Mac pro PC, but this monitor is almost priceless.

• Restlesstonight

There are many other 4K Options from Dell, LG, Samsung... the B32 works with this "minor" flaw. I totaly expect Acer to fix it with a firmware update

• razz66
    razz66 Member Posts: 1 New User

Same problem, Ii'm sending it back, no sound either