Aspire f5-571t touch pad problems

Options
MercuryAdept
MercuryAdept Member Posts: 1 New User

Hey everyone after installing Ubuntu 14.04 on my new laptop I found that the touch pad acts quite strange. It will randomly click things and right click at the absolute worse times. The worst part are the random double clicks that have deleted quite a bit of my work. I found that I needed to change the touch pad mode from advanced to basic from a discusion about the f5-571, but this option is not in the bios of the touchscreen version of the laptop. I have messed around with settings, but other than that I cannot find a way to fix it. Does anyone have any good ideas? 

Answers

• uncle_happy
    uncle_happy Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

I would temporarily use an external mouse and disable the touchpad, if it was constantly causing problems. In System Settings, "Mouse and Touchpad" is located under the "Hardware" section. From there you can disable the touchpad until you install the correct driver for it.

You can also check if the touchpad requires a proprietary driver. In System Settings, open "Software and Updates" and click the "Additional drivers" tab. Internet connection is needed to check for drivers. There is a guide for installing drivers here: http://askubuntu.com/questions/47506/how-do-i-install-additional-drivers

• lucgarc97
    lucgarc97 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I have an F5-571G and I'm having similar problems, but mine specifically is that I can't find a touchpad driver. Anyone could help me please?