windows 10 upgrade for aspire 5745DG windows 7 . How I can do the upgared ?

Options
Zum123
Zum123 Member Posts: 3 New User

Is there anybody to do windows 10 upgarade for acer aspire 5745DG -windows 7 sp1 (3D)

How I can do it; I need urgent help. Wher I can find drivers for windows 10 ?

No any supporting information on acer web page and I couldn't access   acer central help desk .(manufacturer etc) 

I need urgent support .

Windows send me upgrading call and My computer is suitable for windows 10 that   windows test showed it.

and already the computer has rich facility .

thanks

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Options

While I don't want to  say your 6 year old Computer can't do the update to Windows 10 but I would suspect that there is something that is keeping you from doing the update from the Button. 

You may want to log into Windows/Microsoft website with your Microsoft account and ask a Online chat tech to have a look at your system. I had to have them look over one of my computers that had been updated once already because after I had to do a Restore it didn't want to do updates anymore... So after they got on my system by remote they went into the Registery and made a few changes. Still didnt want to do the updates so they forced the Win10 update once it DL the 3 gig file it updated just fine....

Things I would do for your case. I would make sure you have a Good back up of your Win7 I would make a System restore before you update your system incase something goes wrong you can get back to 7. I know that on one of my systems for some reason the Restore Feature became bad and was happy to have my Restore media for that system. 

Also last I read I haven't looked as of lately you can use your CAO to install 10 and that maybe the route you can take if they still have it open to do so... 

James

• Zum123
    Options

Thanks James, yes right my comperter nearly 6 years old (I bought ıt at 2011) but ıts features good with Ram : 4, i7 Q740, 64 bit, 3d etc. so enougt for win 10. But I don't know what is the real problem with Acer that it is not in suppotred list .  aspire 5745DG has 3D and saome other features.

I looked Nvidia page that support 425 Gforce GT425T. but no other drivers for win 10 for the computer. 

And also I will as Microsoft but firstly I have to had the drivers etc before updating...(drivers and what other ?) 

So I don't want to problem after update so this reason asd if there is any person to do update for 5745dg

sorry, what is CAO?

Zuhal

• RevoMaxx
    Options

Sorry Sick with the Flu for a While now and I can'[t type right anyway....Guess I want a Cigar.... Seeing I can't smoke right now being SICK grrrr... CAO is one of the many Cigars I smoke Smiley Tongue..... COA aka Certificate of Authenticity AKA Product Key it is that little sicker that is on the bottom or side of a computer to tell MS that your OProducts is Good...

James

• phildal
    phildal Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Before upgrading, I'm trying the Win10 Enterprise version available at "dev.modern.ie/tools/vms" for 90 days evaluation period. I managed to use the "Win to Go" Enterprise Feature on an external HD (USB drive). I have a completely independent machine disabling access to the internal HD at BIOS startup control and booting from the USB HD.

Win 10 and Edge browser work like a charm, smoothly and faster than Win 7. The Windows update process also works fine. The last drivers for NVIDIA 3D install automatically; I could calibrate 3D Vision as usual, etc. After updating, I disabled the automatic update, to install some software and verify that they work perfectly. I had to install DirectX 9 for some old programs. I disabled hibernation (as it is risky with Win To Go), and enabled Hyper-V virtualization to get some emulators work.

Up to now, the only annoying things I got, are the lack of a popup window when I want to manage the wireless connections (WinKey + F3, for WIFI or Bluetooth ON/OFF) and some small bugs in the Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation version.

• RevoMaxx
    Options

You could try installing Drivers for your system under WIndows 7 to get your Wifi FN keys to work. Not always does the 7 drivers want to install but you could try for your system drivers. I have the Eval of 10 in both 32 and 64bit. I wanted to see how one of my 64bit computer would run in 32bit . I find they seem to run about the same and in the end I just left the 32bit on. Started in 64 However do to the lack Ram it runs way faster then xp or 7 did. 

Some of your drivers you may want to see if Win7 drivers work out for you to get the Wireless pup up back and the FN keys. NOt sure it would work but I did get my wifi working with some Win7 drivers. 

Sadly in the Home Version of 10 you can't turn off updates. So don't get to used to that unless you plan to buy 10 Pro. 

Good thing is if your not happy after 90 days you can use what you had. IF you did the upgrade only gives you 30 to go back without doing a Full eRecovery So that is a Plus Smiley Happy

James

• phildal
    Options

Ok. The Dritek Launch Manager for Win 7 got installed under win 10. A reboot was needed. The popup Manager Windows appears with Fn+F3 keys pressed. Everything works fine: I got 64 bits Win 10 boot capability from USB drive as a Win to Go system, and 64 bits Win 7 booting from the untouched internal drive. After Win 10's shut down and USB unplugged, I could reboot Win 7 without any problem.

• Zum123
    Options

Thanks James and Phildal ,

Firstly  get well soonJames . And also, because of my health problems I answered late too and so this reason  I have to posponed a little windows 10 upgrade . Why  because time is problem and alo if any problem during upgrading time I can not try to solve the problems  and health problems together Smiley Sad  after that you can see that I will be getting crazy . So after solving health problem and a trip, I  will back the upgrading problem again.

And also I hope that the Acer firm try to solve our problem with all ways (drivers etc. like as other computers  supported  on win 10 . I want to be sure about the upgarade .

But at this time We can discuss  and try to solve the problem almostly . Also, 

- another promlem with my computer , the windows 7  is  not running   properly, there are some  fault. But I thouht that it will be solved all problems via win 10 upgarde. 

- for my computer the drivers are given for win 7 but not win 10 that drivers are not just only NVIDIA   Gforce GT425T ...? All drivers will load aotomaticly during win 10 upgareding, Phildal? 

1. Phildal,l is your computer aspire 5745DG windows 7 (3D )  or what ? Is there any fault new  after upgr? 

2.In ypur opnion, İs not good and enougt features computer aspire 5745DG with  Ram : 4, i7 Q740, 64 bit, 3d

for win 10?

3. what do you think  ,direct win 10 upgrade or  win 10 upgrading after win 7 clear setting ? 

And my computer information is not so good  to go step by step like as Phillda . This probem is not only for me and also a

I tried  to answer you  in  my sick stuation , sorry if I  skip parts . 

Zuhal 

• phildal
    Options

Yes, my laptop is an ASPIRE 5745DG (3D) 64 bits, with 4GB DDR3 Ram, 750 GB hard drive, NVIDIA GT 425M, Intel I5-460M processor (your processor seems better as you have i7).

I don't remember if the automatic update for NVIDIA was directly done by Windows Update, or if I had to go to NVIDIA website and ask for automatic detection and update of the grahic card driver. Anyway, the drivers installed from a NVIDIA downloaded file (361.43-notebook-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe). This probably installed generic drivers which work perfectly well. It seems that these automatic updates are not taking anything out from ACER website.

That may explain why I didn't get the update for the "Launch Manager". I didn't update any driver using Win 7 ACER drivers, contrary to James suggested. All Microsoft Win 10 drivers work well, even Bluetooth and WIFI. But it was difficult to manage wireless connections (I had to use Control Panel-> Network and Internet -> Network connections). So following James' good advice, I installed on top of the automatic Windows 10 Update, the ACER Win 7 "Launch Manager" (which is not a driver actually, only a manager giving a friendly interface). It worked fine.

I don't know if you realize that I didn't make any upgrade yet ! As ACER didn't include this 5745DG laptop in their supported computer list even if Microsoft tests confirm its eligibility, I planned to test a full Win 10 OS: working and updating drivers, etc. So on purpose, my Win 7 remained untouched, not upgraded. I simply installed MS Win 10 Evaluation on an external USB drive and booted from it, disabling access to Win 7 (to prevent any possible Win 7 boot process corruption). After USB booting, I could test if all hardware and drivers were correctly detected, installed, updated and working. This gives me a 90 days period for evaluation tests.

The original Win 7 is a Home version. As James mentionned, the upgrade may give some more problems, as my test uses Win 10 Enterprise version. Win 10 Home doesn't have Hyper-V feature for example, and James added that the ability to control update process is limited. But, it seems also possible to use Win To Go with Win 10 Home, even if this feature is not supported by Microsoft. I'll probably try that and let you know.

• phildal
    Options

Ok. I managed to try Windows 10 Home and Pro versions. I plan to install the Pro as soon as I get the activation key. Everything works OK, but I've not installed all the programs I have on Win 7 (I'll do the upgrade when I get the pro key even if I may in principle already upgrade from Win 7 Home to Win 10 Home).