what is the excactly firm of my ram card in my acer aspire e15-es1-512? i want upgrade to 8ram

Options
guypredd
guypredd Member Posts: 12 New User

as i said, i want to upgrade my ram from 4 to 8. i already upgraded the hdd to ssd.

now, what i askin is, what is exactly of the ram card that i got on my acer, cause i want upgrade to the same firm,just more ram.

thank you guys

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

It is recommended to contact Acer Support Center, because they will tell you exact firm of the RAM that is used in the Acer model. Please take a help of local technician to remove the internal Ram from the motherboard because the part is very delicate.
    http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

Hope this will help you.

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,051 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi guypredd,

Your laptop supports up to 8Gb - DDR3L - 1600MHz (1x8Gb - single channel).

You can find the brand and the part number of your actual memory module with HWINFO portable version (no installation).

1. The originial memory modules of 8Gb:
      Spoiler
      KN.8GB07.013SO-DIMM.DDR3L.1600.8GB (Kingston)
      KN.8GB07.022SO-DIMM.DDR3L.1600.8GB (Kingston)
      KN.8GB0B.030SO-DIMM.DDR3L.1600.8GB (Samsung)
      KN.8GB0G.022SO-DIMM.DDR3L.1600.8GB (Hynix)
    2. The compatible memory modules of 8Gb:
      Kingston
      Transcend - TS1GSK64W6H
      Adata - ADDS1600W8G11
    France
  • guypredd
    guypredd Member Posts: 12 New User
    Options
    Spoiler

hello

thank you for your help

i was bought a kingston 1x8gb 1600mhz ddr3l 12800 pc3 module and it was installed sucssefully.

i took the old 4 gb and used it our other laptop at home to increase the ram from 8 to 12. sucssefully installed too. ( by the way the old 4 gb was by samsung

now,after the ssd and ram upgrading the laptop feels much more faster and comfortable to use.

1 last question

i can see the the properties that the ram is now 8. (7.88 are clear for use)

this is means that the installation was sucssefull right?

thanks