what is the difference between ACER ASPIRE 5742-7438 and 5742-6823

Options
speloquin
speloquin Member Posts: 2 New User

I justr want to know if I buy an acer 5742-6823 for parts can I mix and match my broken 5742-7438 and broken 5742-6823 into one working laptop....

Answers

• terenz
    terenz Member Posts: 15 New User
    Options

Most likely. Probably just changes in amount of RAM, HDD size and CPU. What's broken on the one you already have?

• speloquin
    speloquin Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

First of all thanks for taking the time to answere...

This laptop was given to me by a friend whos kids dropped is and it has been dormant for the last year or so. When powered on, does and eternal POST. I took it completely appart, the keyboard is missing 3 keys and the lead or wire comming from the screen to is connector on the motherboard needs to be replaced, and finallly the left hinge screw housing broken, so when you open the lid it bumps up the power button from underneath.

I am a computer technician, but my searches gave no definitive answeres. I need a yes or a no... If I buy a 5742-6823 for parts on ebay that will cost me 25$, can I use this portable to interchange the parts to come up with one working laptop. I know it is an older model, about 5 years if I am not mistaken, but for 25$ and a little TLC seems a little sad to throw out this portable when IT can be fxed. I calculate about 2 hours total. I have done this kind of thing before but never crossing two similar models.