touchpad sensitivity e3-111

vdeegan
vdeegan Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hi,

My cursor is as spaztic as a Mexican jumping bean.  It costs many seconds and numerous nerve endings just to get it to land on the scroll bar correctly.  I need to calm down the touchpad's sensitivity.  My notebook is an Aspire E3-111-C4GX running Win 8.1.  Already turned off taps, changed cursor speed, etc.  Must get to its sensitivity level wherever that is.

Thanks for your help.

Vince

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Uninstall the driver in Device Manager, reboot and see if it still acts the same. Go to Synaptics and download the latest driver and tru it.Do a system restore and see if that works.

• jescott418
    jescott418 Member Posts: 38 Troubleshooter

I have a E3-111 with Windows 7. I needed Windows 7 and this looked like a nice form factor it was small, good battery life and the right OS. But from out of box the cursor either moved erratically or slow or just stopped. I tried restoring to factory condition twice, I uninstalled the touchpad driver and reinstalled. Made sure it was the most recent driver. Even tried a Synaptic generic driver. Finally, I just felt it was not going to resolve itself and I needed to spend less time trouble shooting a new laptop and more time using it. So I requested refund from vendor. Its weird because I guess Acer has had issues on another small notebook so I am not sure if its the same model Touchpad but its possible.