touchpad issue (Aspire v5-572G)

lucdj3
lucdj3 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

So my keyboard works fine and whenever I boot up my computer from being fully shut down, my touchpad works fine until I am logged in and my account fully boots. After that, toggling the touchpad on and off doesn't do anything, and I've tried going to the Acer Recovery Manager and re-installing the driver and restarting and the same thing happened. At the log-in screen the touchpad works, and after logging in it works for about 5-10 seconds and then does not anymore. If I start the computer up from sleep mode it doesn't work at all at any point. Anyone got any ideas?

Much appreciated

Best Answer

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

If you have upgraded to Windows 8.1, the driver in Recovery won't be the correct driver. You would need the 8.1 driver.

Is it a Synaptics touchpad?

TouchPadSynapticsTouchpad Driver17.0.6.13121.7 MB2013/10/11Download

Or an Elantech 

TouchPadELANTECHTouchpad Driver11.6.27.201123.2 MB2013/10/11Download

If this doesn't work, you can do a Factory Recovery, which I believe returns it to Windows 8, and it will probably work again.

If that doesn't work, you might have a defective/ broken touchpad.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

If you have upgraded to Windows 8.1, the driver in Recovery won't be the correct driver. You would need the 8.1 driver.

Is it a Synaptics touchpad?

TouchPadSynapticsTouchpad Driver17.0.6.13121.7 MB2013/10/11Download

Or an Elantech 

TouchPadELANTECHTouchpad Driver11.6.27.201123.2 MB2013/10/11Download

If this doesn't work, you can do a Factory Recovery, which I believe returns it to Windows 8, and it will probably work again.

If that doesn't work, you might have a defective/ broken touchpad.

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Important: It is presumed that you are using Windows 8/8.1

As you are facing the touchpad issue only after logging in to your user account, there is a probability that your user account is corrupted. It is recommended to create a new user account and see if that resolves the issue. To know how to do this, the following link can be useful:
    Note: Though the following link is for Windows 7, it may also work for Windows 8/8.1. Also, to complete the steps mentioned in the link below, you need to access Documents folder. To know how to do this, you can refer to the following link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/where-is-my-documents-folder

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix-corrupted-user-profile#1TC=windows-7

Hope this will help you.

• lucdj3
    lucdj3 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for the help guys. I tried installing the driver and it didn't say anything about having to restart so I'd hoped it would just start working but after not working and going to the mouse properties and the driver saying it wasn't installed there, restarting got everything fixed up.

Thanks