sleepmode problem

Options
anneliess
anneliess Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hi,

I have a acer aspire 7750 G with windows 8.1 

When I take the laptop out of a sleepmode it goes imediatly back into sleepmode. I do get the screen to enter my password but it's only there for like 2 seconds. 

The second time I  take it out, it works fine. Just a bit annoying that I have to do it twice pretty much 95 % of the time.

Any ideas??? 

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

In Power Options/Advanced Power Settings, Find Hybrid sleep and Hibernate and disable them.

• anneliess
    Options

they were already disabled 

• philetus
    Options

You can try restoring your power plan to default, uninstalling and reinstalling the power options or you can try the solution in this thread: http://superuser.com/questions/464578/laptop-randomly-waking-up-hibernate-low-battery

A comment by a poster here:Completely disabling automatic power-on is a bit scorched-earth, but I suppose it could be useful for some systems that just won’t behave.

• anneliess
    Options

yes but the problem isn't that it randomly comes out of sleep, it's when i take it out of sleep myself by pushing the power button or the keyboard is that it turns on but then goes back to sleep. On the second time i take it out, it works fine. 

The standard settings (on high performance) the hyrbid and hybernate options are standard turned off 

• anneliess
    Options

also a weird thing is that it seems to only happen when i make the laptop go into sleep by closing the lid,

if put it into sleep by right clicking start and choose sleep there, it comes out of it just fine 

• philetus
    Options

I see Acer doesn't provide support for 8.1 in your model so, your problem is probably driver related. If you are not already at Bios 1.21 you might want to upgrade and see if that fixes it.

• anneliess
    Options

there are a few drivers on the acer website for 8.1 but most of them are from 2012

• anneliess
    Options

i'm wrong, the drivers are for windows 8 not 8.1

any riscs in updating the bios? 

• philetus
    Options

There is a risk with any bios update.There have been computers rendered unbootable from a bios upgrade. Most of the time it goes fine. I have never hesitated and never had a problem.Download it to your desktop, make sure your power is plugged in, and read each instruction carefully before you click next.Make sure you don't have updates ready to install when it reboots.It wouldn't be a bad idea to do a reboot first.