restore acer aspire one zg5 (no one can answere this I can find)

Options
vinnied
vinnied Member Posts: 6 New User

the restore is turned off in the  acer zg5. You can not turn it on by unchecking the restore. you can uncheck it but it jumps right back to checked ( turn OFF). ALT/F10 Dose not work. How can I get this to restore ?????

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Options

What do you want to restore to? Why do you want to restore? What seems to be wrong?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• vinnied
    Options

It hase windows XP I want to go to some like windows home 7,  the acer zg5 is a second hand there stuf is on it too. Here is my problem (the restore is checked off. when I unchecked it it jumps right back to checked so where do I go to get it in restore mode?  ALT/F10 dose not work  I can not even get F10 to come on or work  vince

• JackE
    Options

Do you have valid Win7 installation media?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• vinnied
    Options

I DONT HAVE A WINDOWS YET I WANT TO GET IT RESTORED FIRST

• JackE
    Options

Are you trying to restore or recover WinXP from an external disk or the internal disk? Is WinXP actually running on this machine, or not running properly, or won't boot up to WinXP? I'm trying to help you but I need to know where you're starting from?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• vinnied
    Options

ok found this page where i belong. I want to restore it back to new  and I dont want WinXP it is only 32bits so I dont know just what wondows I want in it yet.   it was given to me my brother.  It will not go into restore it  has a check saying that restore is turned off I uncheck and it jumps right back to turned off. ALT/F10 will not bring up restore all it dose is beepfor a long time and then go in to windows

• JackE
    Options

OK. I assume it boots to WinXP OK. I also assume you want to go back and recover WinXP as it was originally received when new. The fact that you haven't been able to recover the original factory-fresh WinXP thru normal methods  suggests that either the disk's recovery partition had been corrupted or previously deleted. In any case, you're only option is to re-install WinXP or Win7 from a USB bootstick or external DVD/CD. With WinXP, you can't get updates as Microsoft no longer supports it. With Win7, it must be a validly-licensed installation or it will deactivate after a short period of time.

Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• vinnied
    Options

OK JackE Thank You for all the good help, I will be gone for the next 5 weeks so when I get back I will message you then if it OK  vince