re my acer is old and want to know how I can update my drivers

Options
issy-86
issy-86 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Yes my acer is an Aspire 5742-7312 . I want to know I can update some of my drivers , I have windows ten on it  Thank you. Issy

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

Answers

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Kinda vague on what your asking. Update drivers for what? Windows 10? Is there a driver with a particular problem that needs a update? Two schools of thought here, if it is not broke don't fix it. The other is the fastest way to trouble is to change what already works. Windows itself generally updates drivers as needed. Most errors and problems occur when the wrong driver is used in the first place. Guess I need to know more of what you are looking for in your question. Not even sure the model number is right. Not finding anything under the sub class -7312. Granted not an Acer rep but even a google search turns up nothing. You are aware not all systems upgrade to windows 10 well. I personally have a very pricey paperweight Alienware laptop with a 1st generation Intel I7 CPU that can not run anything but windows 7 64bit that came with it.

• issy-86
    Options

guess your right if it ain't broke don't mess with it. It is that I was told by a microsoft rec to find a program to put a program calledintel rapid storage technology's driver because for some unkown reason my external drive was not allowing me to do a back up . They said I might be missing that driver. Sorry for the long story, I appreciated your responce . Thank you Isabel

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Odd thing for them to say. That driver is for Sata drives and external backup would be on USB ports. As for backup issue have you tried another drive like say a USB flash drive vs say a Seagate external USB hard drive? Drive itself could be at fault especially if no issue with other USB devices.

• issy-86
    Options

Idon't know why they said to do that maybe because he was to lazy to help . I have had nothing but trouble with windows ten and I have had to chat with them alot . I have a usb drive but don't know if it is big enough to hold my up dates. Once again thank you for your responce to my question. IsabelSmiley LOL