re:Aspire One 722.Win10 App says OK but fails. MS says needs drivers. Not on Support List. ????

DanA_10805
DanA_10805 Member Posts: 2 New User

Does any one have any information on whether add'l drivers are necessary for this unit and, if so, when Acer might provide them?  Full model is Aspire One 722-0828 from 11 10; SNID ****. 

One commentor said only on Acer support list if add'l drivers needed so might be good to go as "Get Windows 10" App says.  But I get indications of update hangups and/or some error codes when I try to install the Windows 10.  Even MSN techie could not complete upgrade.

Any information regarding this super Netbook that still works very well would be appreciated.  Am interested in a newer, slimmer and lighter Acer small computer but don't want to go again if the units drop off the edge of the supported platform.

Have not been able to make any contact with Acer by phone or chat to ask whether unit is, or will be, suported for Windows 10--- only get reference to separate pay services when "out of warranty".

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer

>>> But I get indications of update hangups and/or some error codes when I try to install the Windows 10. >>>

What specific error code numbers are you getting?

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• DanA_10805
    DanA_10805 Member Posts: 2 New User

This is reply to my own question above.  On the sixth or seventh try, the upgrade went through.  So it means that the Aspire One 722 is supported for Windows 10 upgrade even though not listed on the "Suypported Medels" list at Acer web site.  Take heart Aspire One owners.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer

Congratulations! Since I also have a trusty AO722, I'll take heart. 8^)

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ