"Security Boot Fail"

estrellarobert
estrellarobert Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

Hello Please help me. I have Acer Aspire SW10e-013. Before my unit doesn't show other capacity of the Hard drive, what I did is to use AOMEI PArtition to partition properly my hard drive, when the computer is partitioning it shows "Collecting Error' and when it restart it does not boot anymore and what Solution I did?

Solution 1. Boot and Press "Alt+F10" (No good result)
Solution 2. Create Bootable USB, press F2 for BIOS setting (No good Result)
Solution 3. Download Windows 10 Enterprise, Rufus and Create Windows To Go ( Done)
Solution 4. Insert Windows To Go (USB) and boot press F12, result it shows two option
1. Windows To Go
2. USB Bootable (select ot tap 2) Result..... "SECURITY BOOT FAIL"

This is my problem SECURITY BOOT FAIL even I try many bootable ISO windows 10
please help me

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,266 Trailblazer

Do you get  an error message if you try to boot from the hard drive only with no other drives plugged in? What was the factory-installed operating system?

Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• estrellarobert
    the same error, last night I tried again to press Alt+F10 during the post acer logo appear a small font "loading NTFS Driver = Done"
    "Loading the first NTFS partition on this device ... done
    "looking for NTFS EFI loader ..... dine
    Launching NTFS EFI loader 'EFI\Boot\bootia32.efi.....

Load failure: [14] Not found

May I ask also is that posible to reply hard drive? or posible to take the hard drive and install to other laptop and install win10 OS. may thats the best solution and where I can fund the harddrive in my unit.

Thabks again

• JackE

What was the factory-installed operating system when you got the machine?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• estrellarobert
    last year July 2015... please help me.
  • JackE

OK. ¿Cuál era el sistema operativo original? ¿Windows 8.1?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• estrellarobert

WHen I got that machine it windows 10 enterprise

• JackE

¿Ha tratado de desactivar la opción de arranque seguro en la bios?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Boscarino
    Boscarino Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi, have you solved the security boot fail problem?
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Think he is in Ethiopia (ET) so Spanish may not help.

Has Windows Enterprise which may explain the Windows to Go (usually on a removable drive). What happens if you select that at the F12 boot ?

ps you do not just press F2 or alt-F10 once, you need to hold them down then press the power button - do not release until something happens.

• viper1011
    viper1011 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello everyone!!!, I have your solution for "Secure Boot Fail". Go into firmware/bios settings. Usually seen when prompted to hit enter or esc. Hit esc, you will enter the settings menu. There are multiple tabs you will notice. Navigate to the appropriate tab because the option to disable Secure Boot becomes available when you set your supervisor/master password. Hope that helped!!! It did for me. I was installing Windows 8 along side my Windows 10 (dual boot) and ran into this. I created a password and ta da I could then disable secure boot and now my operating system loads beautifully!!! Cheers!!!

• JackE

viper1011>>>I created a password and ta da I could then disable secure boot and now my operating system loads beautifully!!! >>>

Congrats. Now that you've got it all up and running, and can put this all behind you,  what if you need to get back into the BIOS menu someday but have forgotten the password? 8^)  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• pkmehta009
    pkmehta009 Member Posts: 1 New User

go to BIOS and change BIOS setting 

1 secure boot (en..) to de.

f10 enter 

• fflmd
    fflmd Member Posts: 2 New User
    just registered to say CREATING A PASSWORD ALLOWS YOU TO DISABLE SECURE BOOT!!! This totally worked, just make an easy password then go to the BOOT tab and disable SECURE BOOT. Piece of ***** option doesn't let me install a clean version of Windows 10 PRO without all Acers garbage bloatware. 
  • xrolexx
    xrolexx Member Posts: 55 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
     said:
    just registered to say CREATING A PASSWORD ALLOWS YOU TO DISABLE SECURE BOOT!!! This totally worked, just make an easy password then go to the BOOT tab and disable SECURE BOOT. Piece of ***** option doesn't let me install a clean version of Windows 10 PRO without all Acers garbage bloatware. 
    worked for me, i put password, i disabled the security boot in boot tab, then removed the password, f10 save and exit:)
  • securitybootfailed
    securitybootfailed Member Posts: 2 New User
    go onto the bios and navigate with the arrow keys to the boot menuselect windows then f6 and f10 and enter and restart
  • tech12
    tech12 Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Valid point Jack