problems with my laptop (acer aspire cloudbook AO1-431-C2Q8) - charger light stays on

Options
danielg20x
danielg20x Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello and afternoon. I have recently been having problems with my laptop (acer aspire cloudbook AO1-431-C2Q8). i have sent it in because it had problems with the motherboard and it was confirmed it had a fault on the main board and the charger,motherboard and battery got replaced and now as soon as it reaches 100% and i switch it of by the mains the charger light stays on and the only way it goes is if i take out the charger(last more than 5 sec) what can i do to make it work the way it should be?

[subject line edited to better reflect the topic]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,599 Trailblazer
    Options

>>>now as soon as it reaches 100% and i switch it of by the mains the charger light stays on>>>

Why do you switch off the charger by the mains when the battery reaches 100%? This practice is unnecessary.

>>>and the only way it goes is if i take out the charger(last more than 5 sec) what can i do to make it work the way it should be?>>>

The charger's LED is probably being lit by the computer's battery when the charger is disconnected from the mains. When you pull the charger's plug from the computer's jack, there is still some charge left on a smoothing storage capacitor or condenser inside the charger. There's enough residual charge stored in the capacitor to keep the LED lit for a few more seconds.

Accordingly, unless you have another issue, I think your charger & its LED, the computer and the battery are functioning as they should be.

Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• danielg20x

Tinkerer

Options

Thanks for replying. It was showing for more than a couple of sec so i thought it wasn't normal. Since i have held down the power button while pressing reset it. seems to have gone back to normal(Hopefully) do you know why it keeps on doing it? last time this happened was a couple of weeks back.

• JackE
    Options

Stop trying to re-set it!!! There seems to be nothing wrong with your hardware. When I said a few seconds before, it could be as long as a minute if the charger's storage capacitor is a good one. The function of this capacitor is to smooth out the voltage ripples & spikes coming from the mains. It isn't broke. So don't try to fix it by continuing to re-set it! 8^) Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ

• danielg20x

Tinkerer

Options

I will send you a message and i was told to do the reset thing

• JackE
    Options

Who is telling you to re-set it? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ